Easy Weight Loss - Now Is The Time To Get Started!
It's that time of year again, oh dear, oh my! What is there to look forward to now that the holidays are over and Christmas has passed? Summer vacations, I guess, although they appear to be a long way off.
Anyway, I have to admit that the prospect of a vacation scares me right now since after my overindulgence over the holiday season, the last thing I want to do is eat and drink even more.
So, if there is nothing to look forward to for the time being, and we are in the throes of the January blues, what can we do to bring ourselves out of the doldrums?
Here's an idea for you: start today and get in shape. I believe that not only will this make you feel much better, but you will also begin to look forward to your summer vacation after a few weeks. Let me offer you another, more serious and persuasive reason for this: we all need to begin taking our long-term health considerably more seriously than we do now.
That is, at least, my modest view.
For example, did you know that according to current data, 75% of Americans are overweight and 40% are obese? That is just in the United States, and I am willing to bet that the rest of the developed world isn't far behind.
It might be daunting to find out where to begin for people who want to lose weight and achieve ideal health.
There are several weight-loss strategies to select from, including the Atkins Diet and the South Beach Diet, as well as low-fat and low-carb diets. Furthermore, selecting what to do when there is conflicting evidence about what works best might be challenging.
It gets more challenging and frustrating for people who have tried several diet strategies without results. Many individuals overlook the fact that a diet that works for their buddy may not work for them. This isn't always due to the diet being "wrong," but rather to the fact that each body reacts differently.
However, there is a simple, quick technique to reduce the weight that does not need hardship or calorie tracking.
Before I get into weight reduction methods, I need to go over some basic information regarding body genetics and why losing weight might be tough.
It's crucial to remember at the outset of any diet that everyone's body is different. Some individuals are short and thick, while others are tall and slim. Others are small and strong, while others have large hips and shoulders. Body form and natural build can be determined by genetics, much like eye color, hair color, skin color, and so on.
The good news is that heredity determines one's body form rather than whether or not one will be overweight.
This implies that not every woman may want to be as tall and slim as Tyra Banks, a Hollywood actress, and supermodel. It is unrealistic to expect every man to be as defined and muscular as The Rock. In my opinion, the main aim is to be at a healthy weight for one's body shape and to feel good about it.
Having stated that, why are so many people overweight? The following are 10 of the most prevalent reasons:
- Slow metabolism: Obese people have a difficult time "burning off" their food consumption. As a result, fat is stored rather than utilized in the body.
- Emotional eating: People who battle with their weight frequently eat when they are anxious or experiencing other emotional upheavals in their lives.
- Hormonal imbalances: This is mostly a problem for women (complex beings that we are!).
- Portion control: We're all guilty of the "greed not need" mentality, as I like to put it. So keep an eye on those serving portions.
- Toxin build-up in the body: Too much junk food, candy, drinks, and coffee, among other things, can all contribute to this.
- Eating too late: Eating late at night increases the rate at which food converts to fat and makes sleeping more difficult.
- Susceptibility to growth hormones: Growth hormones are hormones given to animals to make them grow quicker and bigger. Some meat and dairy products may contain traces of growth hormones. Increased fat accumulation can occur as a result of these hormones.
- Skipping breakfast: This causes your metabolism to slow down and become sluggish.
- Changing diets often: Changing diets has a negative influence on the metabolism and makes weight reduction more difficult.
- Food ingredients: The reasons behind this are incredible, and they are beyond the scope of this paper.