The Best Time To Exercise To Burn Fat
When is the greatest time to exercise to lose weight?
Science and research dispute the optimal time to exercise, but what is agreed upon is the benefit of exercising regardless of the time of day. On dedication and consistency, exercising at the same time every day is one of the most critical components in achieving the desired result.
Benefits of exercising in the morning
Morning exercise offers several advantages, including the following:
- Increased fat burning: A study of 12 healthy males published in the British Journal of Nutrition in 2013 revealed that exercising on an empty stomach may boost the body's capacity to burn calories and fat, although this impact was not proved to be consistent over time.
- Improving sleep quality: A study of 20 people at risk of high blood pressure published in the journal Vascular Health and Risk Management in 2014 found that exercising first thing in the morning is one of the most beneficial times for improving sleep and its quality, and morning exercise also contributed to improving sleep quality. The blood pressure of the participants.
- The ability to control appetite: In a study published in the Journal of Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise in 2012, 18 women of normal weight and 17 women suffering from obesity participated in order to determine the extent of women's appetite for food after exercising in the morning. The results showed that exercise helps to reduce appetite for food.
Benefits of exercising in the evening
Here are some of the advantages of nighttime exercise:
- Improving athletic performance: According to a review published in the Scandinavian Journal of Medicine and Science in Sports in 2010, the body's exercise performance is better in the evening, with improvements in muscle function, strength, and endurance, but this effect does not appear on hot days.
- Reducing the risk of injury: In the evening, the body's ability to show quick reactions is better, which is important, especially for those who do high-intensity interval training, or brisk walking on the treadmill, and late at night when heart rate and blood pressure are at their lowest, which reduces the risk of injury when exercising.
To burn fat, exercise at a specific heart rate
The maximum heart rate is the number that represents the largest number of heartbeats per minute, and it is based on these levels that the body determines the energy system that it employs during activity, which impacts the calories that are burnt.
Where the heart rate for burning fat is related to less intense exercises because the body relies on stored fat more, as opposed to high-intensity exercises where carbohydrates are the main source of energy, and the heart rate expresses to burn fat; about the rate at which a person's heartbeats per minute to obtain the maximum rate of burning fat, and when this rate is reached, the body burns more stored fat than sugar and other carbohydrates, so people eat less.
Types of exercise to burn fat
Exercise, combined with a diet, is one of the most frequent ways to lose weight since it helps burn calories, which is vital for weight loss, and the following are the sorts of exercise to burn fat:
- Walking: A 12-week research published in the Journal of exercise nutrition and biochemistry in 2014 indicated that moderate-intensity walking for 50-70 minutes three times a week helped to significantly reduce subcutaneous abdominal fat and visceral fat in 20 obese women.
- Jogging or running: According to a 2007 study published in the International Journal of Obesity, jogging can help burn unhealthy visceral fat, which gathers around the internal organs and is linked to an elevated risk of numerous chronic illnesses, including heart disease and diabetes.
- Yoga: A 12-week research published in Deutsches Arztblatt International in 2016 found that practicing yoga twice a week for 90 minutes reduced waist circumference by an average of 3.8 cm in 60 women suffering from abdominal obesity.
- Swimming: Swimming is one of the easiest workouts for weight loss since it improves body flexibility and lowers the risk factors for a variety of ailments.
General fat burning tips
Here are a few suggestions to help you burn fat faster:
- Eating breakfast: missing breakfast does not help you lose weight; on the contrary, it may cause you to feel hungry throughout the day, increasing your chances of eating extra snacks, and it deprives you of critical nutrients that this meal provides.
- Drink plenty of water: People sometimes mix hunger and thirst, resulting in excessive calorie consumption when all a person requires is a glass of water.
- Eating more fiber: Fiber swells in the stomach and takes time to digest, so it's best to focus on fiber-rich whole grains, veggies, and whole fruits.
- Sleep: deprivation is linked to an increased risk of obesity, according to a 2008 analysis published in the journal Sleep. Sleep deprivation raises the body mass index (BMI) in both children and adults.
Read the next article, The Best Weight Loss Exercise, to discover more about sports for weight loss.